Sunday, April 24, 2011

Breakfast Tart

I've been so lazy lately. I don't want to cook at all. For my friend's birthday, I made Tiramisu for the first time this year. I heard an interesting theory when we were sitting around the food. The theory is that if you want to date someone, this someone should be older half of your age + 7. I am Actuarial Science major. The first thing I did was go through the formula in my head to see if it’s valid. I missed whether this equation is for guy or girl. I guess it's for guys. Otherwise, I could date someone under 21...lol.

Another funny thing is that I forgot bring my wallet to my friends party. I didn’t notice it until I was going to a bar after the party. It was pretty risky to drive without ID. There are so many what ifs....

It was a great party. I had never seen my friend that drunk before. But I heard that he is doing very well last night because he normally would be passed out before 9. When I left, around 11, he was still sober. He will be a father around October, his wife, my best friend, is pregnant. I am so happy for them. I actually think "Hunter" is not a bad name lol. They could name their kid "the XXXX", just like Joy in friends.....the Hunter....haha ... (My dearest pregnant friend, if you see this, please don’t kill me.)

Wake up with a little headache. The weather is great, sunny but not hot. I am actually in the mood for hiking. But I guess I will do some cleaning instead. I left a mess after preparing Tiramisu. I want to go to Alon's for some breakfast, but I’m not in the mood to drive. I am going to make something for myself then.

A little tart with eggs, capocolla cheese, avocado, creme fraiche, and chives.
DSC_0673

DSC_0034

Roll out puff pastry dough after flouring the board, you can also use filo dough if you want.
DSC_0301
After rolling out the dough, cut 5×5 inch squares, you should get four out of one puff pastry sheet. I think it’s better to roll the dough out pretty thin.
DSC_0325

To prep the tart, make sure to score the edges, about 1/3-3/4 inches into the edges, don’t cut all the way through.
DSC_0333
And then inside of those lines, use a fork to poke holes, this is so that only the edges rise and the center (where the filling is) doesn’t rise too much.
DSC_0351

Layer the sheets with creme fraiche and avocado and capocolla. Of course you can use bacon or prosciutto as a substitution to the capocolla.
DSC_0485
Also make sure to brush the edges with a beaten egg. Then bake these at 425 for 10-12 minutes..To get the bottom of the tarts very crisp, you can heat the bottom on a stove, that way the top doesn’t continue to cook.
DSC_0496
After those 10-12 minutes, take them out and break quail eggs onto it. Put them back into the oven just until the whites set.
DSC_0505

Chop some chives onto the tarts after they are pulled out of the oven, you can also sprinkle cheese..I used Provolone.
DSC_0629
DSC_0566

DSC_3166

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment